Monday, May 16, 2011

I made it through round one!

I made it through the first cuts of tryouts. Along with 17 others I got selected to the next phase in the tryouts for Sockeye '11.

The next part of the tryouts last for three weeks. In this three weeks there will be track workouts and pods for the selected group. At the end of the three weeks, on June 4th and 5th, we play a tournament in Vancouver with two teams.

I think my biggest challenge is (still) to change my game from demanding every second or third pass to getting less discs for more yardage. I'm also not fully accustomed to the physical game here, although I am getting more and more comfortable with the constant bumps.

I am very excited to play at this round of the tryouts. Everyone is really good, so the level will be high at the practices. The level will keep rising as there will be more returners at the practices. It will be exciting to see if I can keep up :)

4 comments:

  1. Vet dat je de tweede ronde hebt gehaald man! Maareh, hoeveel van die 18 worden er geselecteerd dan?

    Succes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!
    Het is een beetje onduidelijk hoeveel plaatsen er zijn in het team. Er zijn sowieso twee spelers die dit jaar stoppen. Dat zijn allebei handlers, en ik ben hier cutter...
    Het wordt dus zeker spannend, maar ik weet niet precies hóe spannend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey erik!

    supercool dat je voorbij de 1e ronde bent, dat neemt niemand je meer af. Nu nog ff 3 weekjes bikkelen en shinen! Heelveel succes!

    xbecs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Erik, leuk dat je hier af en toe wat schrijft, kunnen we het een beetje volgen. Succes met de try-outs!

    ReplyDelete