Friday, September 30, 2011

Regionals!

This weekend we'll be in Burlington, playing for the right to go to nationals. With only two bids and four of the best teams in the country, it is going to be a battle.

On Saturday we'll be playing a lot of the teams that we played at sectionals: Furious, Voodoo and Downpour. Surprisingly, the biggest match up of the day, Furious, is the very first game of the day. So there's no room for a late start.

If all goes according to seeding, we'll play Rhino in the semi final on Sunday, and Revolver in the final. The winner of the final gets the first bid. The losers of the semi final play each other, and the winner of this game plays the loser of the final for the last bid.

I've had a bit of a frustrating month. My hamstring kept me from practicing at full speed. And despite lots of rehab exercises it did not really get better. Yesterday I had my first all out practice in over a month. That felt great and today my leg is only a little sore. Looking forward to play again!

This is the first time I'll be playing to extend my season. Lose twice and my season is over, scary!  The intensity, with two teams fighting for their season, is going to be unreal.
It's going to be an exciting weekend!

Follow us this weekend on twitter and score reporter!

2 comments:

  1. Preview by Tyler Kinley:
    http://www.seattlesockeye.org/blog/2011/09/regionals-2011-preview/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    I have a quick question about your blog, do you think you could email me?
    David

    ReplyDelete