Tuesday, August 16, 2011

ECC Saturday results

The Emerald City Classic is a three day tournament hosted near Seattle. On Friday there are some games that don't count towards the rest of the tournament. Unfortunately we did not play ourselves, but I did get to see some exciting games.

On Saturday we got up early to drive to Burlington, about an hour and a half North of Seattle. In our brand new outfits we played four games. It was a chilly day with clouds covering the sky and a slight breeze. I started the day with pain in my right hip flexor, luckily it did not keep me from playing.

This is what happened:

Urutau 15 - 1
We came out excited and firing. The Colombians seemed intimidated and did not played at their best. My favorite moment was playing 4 man cup versus their 155 cm handlers. The game was over long before the end of the round, this gave us time to see Voodoo barely loosing to Truckstop.

Ironside 10 - 13
Again we came out firing, starting of with a 5-1 lead. With two of the turns coming from the 4-man cup. They adjusted well, changing their D to force middle and giving us a hard time getting the disc off the line. Ironside is very athletic and well coached team. Even though it was frustrating to lose, it was a fun game. I'm looking forward to playing them again.

Truckstop 15 - 10
I can't remember much detail from this game. They were pretty physical, and I felt like there was a lot of unnecessary bitching going on. I had a dumb turnover, my only in the weekend.

Buzz Bullets 15 - 6
The last game of Saturday was versus the Buzz Bullets. It was really cool to play them again, because they have a very unique playing style. We stopped their flick hucks, and made them throw backhand instead. This worked very well, we got a lot of Ds on floaty hucks. I got a D on a floaty huck myself and a block in the cup.
Pictures: Scobel Wiggins.

1 comment:

  1. Meer: http://photos.scobelwigginsphotography.com/v/ultimate_001/2011_ecc_sunday/08-14+ecc0073_72.jpg.html

    ReplyDelete